Saturday, March 28, 2009

John McCain "Releases" Medical Records - 23May2008

This morning, I attempted (without success) to get a copy of the material "released" by Senator McCain's campaign. His office told me:
  1. The material was released by his doctors directly to select news sources.
  2. It was released from Arizona; we can't provide a phone number.
  3. It is public.
  4. It will be placed on the Federal Elections Commission website, i.e. "It's up to them."

I called the FEC and they informed me that they have nothing to do with it, that they post financial reports. They told me that his campaign would be the best source of information.

As an aside, Senator McCain's office seems busy and a bit overwhelmed. I was repeatedly placed on hold and then transferred to full mailboxes. As you can see, they do not have a consistent or helpful story to tell about the medical information release.

No comments: