Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Better To Be Lucky ...

President Obama delivered a big speech this morning in Prague, The Czech Republic.
His topic was global nuclear disarmament.

A few hours before his speech, North Korea carried out their plan to launch a satellite
in violation of a UN resolution and the protestations of the US, Japan, and numerous other nations.

While the launch was a belligerent act of defiance, it would have been even more so had it been carried out after the speech. In that case it would have been directly addressed to President Obama's comments.

President Obama, in addition to being extraordinarily talented, is lucky. This is in sharp contradistinction to both John McCain and George W. Bush.

There is a question here regarding the subtlety of North Korea's action: Did they launch prior to the speech rather than after it to send a message of potential conciliation specifically to the US? During the Clinton administration, they did demonstrate their willingness to stand down in return for payments circa 1$ Billion/year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at Obama's speech in Prague and he spoke of the missile launch by N. Korea. I'm not sure what time it occurred but I had heard from the media at around 8am on April 5th that Obama was going to address it. His speech began at 10am.

I gave two TV interviews that day and when the reporter asked me if I had any words for Obama my response was "Please stop the corruption within Social Services & CPS. Open up the Courts so we can stop the Racketeering involving children in America". I hope Obama listens....

My websites are:
www.cpscorruption.blogspot.com
www.fu4crf.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/familiesunite
http://profile.to/cpscorruption/

Please check out my posts on twitter and facebook to see what is happening to children in America.

Kathleen Dearinger
Families Unite 4 Children's Rights